CFP: inFORMATION; Black Voices in Contemporary Art
DEADLINE: July 1, 2016
The Salisbury University Art Galleries are calling for proposals by artists or curators for installations and/or socially engaged projects that are provocative, inquisitive and contribute to the ongoing conversation of race and representation in contemporary art and society. We are open to a plurality of topics and seek to present the infinitely varied perspectives that exist in Black Culture. We are especially interested in projects that include community involvement/engagement.
Selected artists/curators will be presenting projects at our temporary gallery space in downtown Salisbury. This space has a very publicly visible store-front window area that we encourage proposals to consider and utilize. Dimensions and images of this space can be found on the floor plan below. Proposals should include:
- Your name, contact information, and a current CV; as well as the names of all artists involved if a group project is proposed.
- A thorough description of the project, addressing how it relates to the themes mentioned above as well as more practical information such as the artist(s) and artwork(s) involved.
- In addition, please state any technical needs to realize your proposal. Selected projects will be supported with travel money and a small honorarium. If additional funding is needed to mount the project please include that in your proposal as well.
- Please include at least 3 images to support your project narrative. These can be sent as attachments, or you can include a URL with the project description.
- Proposals must be complete and received by July 1, 2016 for full consideration. Send all materials to email@example.com and use the subject “inFORMATION” in your email.
For any questions please contact Elizabeth Kauffman, Director of Galleries at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-546-2884.
PDF floor plan: Temporary-exhibit-space2016